01 October 2009

Sunset at Blandings

by P.G. Wodehouse


So frustrating!!
The other day, when football season started, 
and I went to the library...
I picked up this book. I was craving a little P.G. Wodehouse &
his witty, light-hearted, and romantic situational humor.

I was in a bit of a hurry, 
and Sunset at Blandings was the first one I picked up.
I didn't need to read the back because it didn't matter what the story
was about, it was written by one of my favorite writers.


Thanks, Amazon.com

This weekend I sat down to read it & last night 
HALF way through the story,
just as the plot threads are getting tangled
and the main characters are finding themselves 
in over their heads & the love stories are thickening...
The story ends.
Ends.

I turn the page expecting chapter 17,
and instead I get a note that says -more or less-
"these 90 pages were found in Wodehouse's
hospital room when he died on February 14, 1975."

Such a bummer.

No comments: